Our Style

Welcome. We are Mike and Kim Simmons. We have 2 adorable children that rule our home, and we're ok with that.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A week of many colors

Thanks to my cousin Peggy for inspiring the posts over this next week. I think it will help me even more get out of the winter blues funk, though this past week and weekend have helped quite a bit!
Peggy has declared this next week Color Week! Monday thru Friday I will post a picture each day representing the color of that day, they will be as follows:
Monday: Blue
Tuesday: Pink
Wednesday: Yellow
Thursday: Red
Friday: Purple
Anyone is welcome to do the same of course! I think it will help me get back into the blogging spirit and now that I finally found the charger for my camera battery I can use my camera and hopefully be as creative as Peggy is. (you should check out her blog for cool Friday Photos and other great things for that matter)
Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy our blog over the next week. Who knows, maybe I'll even let Mike post one of them :-)

P.S. I didn't take pictures of this weekend but Mike and I had a mini getaway...to his parents! We don't have the money to up and go anywhere fancy for a getaway but his parents home is large and well..fancy in my eyes and it was really just the getaway we needed. We weren't surrounded by the chores that need to be done (tomorrow) We relaxed, watched a movie and even went to sacrament with his parents! Sure it was simple, but it was just what we needed!

3 comments:

Marnie said...

What fun ideas - both color week and the weekend getaway! Can't wait to check out the pics this week.

Peggy said...

I'm glad you're playing along! I can't wait to see your pictures!

melissa said...

We went indoor swimming to beat the winter blues. Try it.

We went to Cottonwood Rec. They have a fun indoor pool with a fun slide. It'll get you giggling.

And the hot tub is great to soak in with your hubby. You forget all about winter until you look outside!